Uncategorized

Thanksgiving Dinner

Just a quick post about Thanksgiving Dinner. For those that don’t know thanksgiving is an American holiday held on the 4th Thursday of November. It’s a big deal for Americans, where most people go back home to be with family.  My mum is American so we always have Thanksgiving at her place. We have a traditional dinner of turkey with various sides and apple pie for desert.

So here it is Thanksgiving dinner 2011

Mellon balls

The turkey

Beans

Creamed corn

Candied yams

Table

Pumpkin pie + apple pie

[twitter style=”horizontal” float=”left”] [fbshare type=”button” float=”left”] [google_plusone size=”standard” float=”left”]

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Sara (Belly Rumbles) November 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I have only experienced Thanksgiving once. Believe it or not that was actually in Egypt with a group of American travelers. Love pumpkin pie.

• Reply chocolatesuze November 27, 2011 at 11:36 pm

oh yum! everything looks delish and im super curious about the candied yams!

• Reply Dumpling Girl November 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm

It all looks wonderful, but I’m drawn to the pumpkin pie. Lucky you, as you’ll also be celebrating Christmas soon 🙂

• Reply Joseph November 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Sara- Love pumpkin pie too!

Suz- I think the candied yams are sweet potatoes cooked with brown sugar and butter with some walnuts. Not 100% sure but , will have to ask my mum

Dumpling Girl – Yea when Thanksgiving comes around it feels like the Christmas season has started for me 🙂

• Reply Apple @Polkadotsandchopsticks November 30, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Melon balls! I definitely have to have a fruit salad of melon balls at Christmas lunch this year. It looks so refreshing!

• Reply Joseph December 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

Yea you should give them a try , Im a big fan of melon balls with a meal!

• Reply Vivian - vxdollface January 19, 2012 at 10:32 am

Yum! I haven’t had pumpkin pie in too long, you’re so lucky!