French, Travel

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon – Hong Kong

I was intending to go to Joel Robuchon’s 3 Michelin star L’Atelier for a late dinner. I did not have a booking  but it was 9pm on a  Tuesday night so I thought I would go see.  Luckily there was space but I was told the kitchen would be closing in 30 minutes. Knowing this I elected to jump straight to the desserts.

Bread basket complementary –  A selection of breads white , sourdough, mini croissant   plus a few others accompanied by some really nice butter. I think I tried one of each of them , all were very good.

La Sphere – Raspberry mousse in sugar ball with rose cream custard and grapefruit sorbet $160 HKD ($21 AUD)

This desert was so beautiful to look at everything looked so delicate and well constructed it seemed a shame to break it all up but it had to be done. The sugar ball was so thin just tapping it broke the shell revealing the sorbet inside.  I really did taste as good as it looks, all the different flavours worked well together with nothing being overpowering or too sweet.

Chocolate ball $160 HKD –  this came out as a whole ball and when it was placed in front of me the waiter pored some hot syrup over it melting the chocolate into how you see it here.

Cappuccino $48 HKD ($6 AUD) – very good strong coffee that came with some caramel syrup

Snail shells, rocks the odd leaf and fake grass inside the glass on the bar

The counter dining area

Chefs hard at work – view from the bar

Impressive wine cellar

I had high expectations and L’Atelier certainly lived up to them going by the small sampling I had.  The service was excellent all the waiters were knowledgeable, friendly and not pretentious at all.  All the food/deserts were exceptional with so much attention to detail put into every dish.  Next time I am in Hong Kong I will certainly go back to L’Atelier for the full tasting menu.

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Hong Kong

Shop 315 & 401, The Landmark

www.robuchon.hk

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply tastyfoodsnaps June 7, 2012 at 8:03 pm

the presentation of both desserts looks amazing… esp the chocolate ball! wow!

• Reply Joseph June 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Yea the presentation was amazing! The ball looked so good before the hot syrup melted it..

• Reply Vivian - vxdollface June 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

desserts not deserts 😛
    love the presentation, even the restaurant looks flash! decently priced too, gahh i miss hk

• Reply Joseph June 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm

My spelling sux big time! Thanks for correcting me 🙂

I love the design of the restaurant. All the other L’Atelier’s around the world have a similar design. The Tokyo one looks exactly the same.

• Reply Helen (Grab Your Fork) June 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Straight into desserts? That’s my kinda meal! Everything looks exquisite!

• Reply Joseph June 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm

It was an on the spot unexpected decision and I think it was the right one 🙂

• Reply Winston June 27, 2012 at 10:40 pm

My gosh this is fantastic. Heard so much about L’Atelier but never actually seen pictures of the food until now. Thanks for this. What an awesome meal to have in HK!

• Reply Joseph July 18, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Thanks Winston!! Happy to share pics of some great food.

• Reply Winnie July 30, 2012 at 1:17 am

thats exactly what I had! but the sphere was white peach mousse accompanied by grapefruit and jelly..I think it’s a seasonal thing..but it’s funny how those were the exact two I chose. I had time for the appetizers (desserts for dinner 🙂 is my main thing) and the foie gras is pretty darn fantastic

• Reply Joseph July 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm

You have good taste 🙂 We both picked the best two deserts on the menu. The sphere with peach mousse sounds great! Next time im am in HK I want to have a full meal here.

• Reply Excuse Me Waiter November 21, 2012 at 9:57 pm

The food looks exquisite! Was eyeing off the Las Vegas branch because it’s in the hotel I’m staying at so looks like we’ll be dropping in after all…

• Reply Vanny @Nessy Eater April 9, 2015 at 7:20 pm

That chocolate ball looks hectic!

• Reply Joseph April 22, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Yea its a very cool dessert !