Travel

Modern Toilet – Taipei

Why would anyone make a toilet themed restaurant? More to the point, why did I go to such a place? Curiosity, curiosity got the better of me. At Modern Toilet you are seated on a toilet, the table is a bath with a piece of glass on top, food is served in mini urinal looking plates, bowls look like toilets and many other bathroom inspired items. The idea must have caught on in Taiwan as Modern Toilet has many different branches all over the country.

The food was OK, nothing special, average pasta served with some soup with ice cream for dessert. Despite the average food, I had an enjoyable meal here because the whole place had a very fun vibe. Looking around you could see people laughing as there food was presented to them and I found myself doing the same.

Certainly an interesting place , check it out…

Out the front

Soup

German sausage spaghetti with tomato sauce $240 New Taiwan Dollars  ($8 AUD)  served in sink style plate , including soup and ice cream.

Seafood with cream sauce spaghetti

Ice cream

People seated on toilets

Some pics around Taipei

Bikes

Modern Toilet –  Xiamen Taipei

[pinterest count=”horizontal” float=”left”] [fbshare type=”button” float=”left”] [google_plusone href=”www.upforafeed.com” size=”standard” float=”left” annotation=”none” language=”English (UK)”]

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Miss Piggy September 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

Oh dear! I’m not sure being served a Mister Whippy style ice-cream in a toilet bowl looks like a tasty treat I’d like to indulge in. LOL.

• Reply Joseph September 16, 2012 at 8:29 pm

LOL , when you put it like that it sounds bad but when your there it seems fun.

• Reply MJ September 14, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Hehe! I saw this on TV a while ago and read about it too. I’ve always wanted to visit this place just for the novelty of it 🙂

• Reply Joseph September 16, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I saw it on TV too and wanted to go there after I saw it.

• Reply Helen (Grab Your Fork) September 17, 2012 at 1:07 am

lol i love the opening line of ‘why would anyone want to go to a toilet-themed restaurant’ and then proceed to visit one yourself. because hey, everyone loves a little crazy. i’m just disappointed there wasn’t a toilet roll dispenser on the side of the table for your serviette needs. lol

• Reply Joseph September 18, 2012 at 7:25 pm

LOL how could anyone say no to a toilet themed restaurant… A toilet paper dispenser would be a good addition to this place.

• Reply tastyfoodsnaps September 29, 2012 at 4:26 pm

the icecream in the toilet seat looks adorable!

• Reply Vivian - vxdollface October 3, 2012 at 10:45 am

teehee i’ve been to the one in mong kok in hong kong 🙂 love the novelty of the place with all the bright colours and the toilet theme haha

• Reply Mina November 11, 2012 at 9:35 pm

LOL this place is the best!! Don’t you just loooove the shape of that ice cream!! Wish they can have 1 in Sydney ><

• Reply NKS0676 April 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm

OMG!! My 5 & 8yo sons would love this place!! Sounds like a bit of crazy! But, hey, how many people can say they’ve eaten out of a toilet bowl?